Tuesday, July 14, 2009

withdrawal

Holy smokes! This whole 24+ hours with no cell phone or email is craziness!! But definitely a necessary "detoxing", because I'm pretty much an email addict.

No, seriously.

I am that annoying person who keeps refreshing the page every 2 minutes to see if there's anything new. So not to have that out there, although strange, is also strangely refreshing.

However, that does not change the fact that I am having a hard time concentrating tonight. I did get the music history and string lit projects proofed and wrapped up and also wrote the choir paper, so that's good. Now I'm reviewing sources for the PROJECT OF DOOM, which involves looking through books and articles and taking/categorizing notes that will later be assembled into something that will hopefully sound smart.

You know, using sweet words like "eschew" and "onomatopoeia". And also "Reykjavik". (Actually, I can't think of a good reason for including the capital of Iceland in my paper, but that's always been one of my favorite words.)

OK, so... It's 7:40. I'm quitting at 11. Maybe even 10:30 if I get through enough sources.

Come on coffee - work your magic!!!

No comments: