Sunday, July 26, 2009

nope, i'm a frayed (k)not...

Where do I even begin? 36 hours ago I was in a different world, and the switch back to my "real life" is hitting me like the proverbial ton of bricks. Yikes.

It doesn't help that I'm tired. Nor does it help that my basement seems to have flooded yet again(!!!) while I was gone - very annoying and frustrating, not to mention bad for my allergies. Darn you, economy!! And darn you, too, inadequate school funding!! I just want to buy a nice, normal condo that doesn't have an icky, moldy basement. Is that so much to ask?

(OK, reality check: I have a place to live and a job and fantastic family and friends. Life is good. God is good. In the big picture, an icky basement does not actually constitute a problem!!)

Getting back on topic, I have a confession to make.... This summer I fell in love all over again. (With Chicago, you nitwits. What did you think I was talking about?) It is good to be home, but I miss the big city already.

Good thing I have a bag of Garrett's to keep me company.

I feel like I have about a million blog posts all bouncing around in my head, but right now I'm just at loose ends and don't quite know where to start. So I think for now it's time for an early bedtime!

No comments: