No, really.
I returned home to find that the back tire had gone completely and totally flat. This happened once before, at which time my dad replaced the tube, but on closer inspection the tube did not appear to have any leaks. So this go-round I decided to try re-inflating it in hopes that it might yet hold air - a slim hope, but you can't blame a girl for trying.
Well, I have news for you. Not only does it not hold air, but the air leaks out in such a way that it creates a sort of squealing/screaming banshee sound. No, really. I'm listening to it squeal as I type this. Thankfully the squeal seems to diminish in intensity as the remaining quantity of air decreases. In fact, it seems to be almost done.
Guess there will be no bike riding for me today! I really need to decide how serious I'm going to be about riding so that I can finally buy a new bike...
No comments:
Post a Comment