Monday, July 27, 2009

the postman always rings twice

The unpacking continues.... Why is it that it took so short a time to unpack and re-pack all this stuff in my dorm room, but now it's taking forever to get it all put away at home? I think the problem is that every time I start to put something away, I find another project that needs to be done. Example: Last night, after unloading my car, I noticed that my car was pretty dirty inside, and so I vacuumed and Fantastik-ed the whole thing. It's like some twisted version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".

My apparent lack of productivity, given that it's already mid-afternoon, is also impacted by the fact that I slept in rather significantly today. How significantly? Well... My alarm was set for 8 am - the MI version of 7 am, which is when I've been getting up for the last 6 weeks. When the alarm went off, I proceeded to shut it off and go back to sleep for awhile. You know, like, until 12:30.

I know. It's ridiculous. I guess I really was tired!

Anyway.... I'm in the middle of going through all my mail, and I found a "thanks for visiting" letter from Fourth Pres. Since my mom was a church office manager for many years, my family has this strange curiosity about how well various churches do on visitor follow-up, what their newsletters look like, etc. So I decided to go ahead and put my full address in the friendship register when I visited a few weeks ago, just to see if they'd even bother sending a note to someone who was obviously from out of town. And they did! Way to be, Fourth Pres. Gold star for you.

Back to unpacking/cleaning/whatever-else-I-get-distracted-by!

No comments: