Thursday, July 02, 2009

when the moon hits your eye...

To the college student, I'm quite sure pizza constitutes its own food group. At Hope, if we were going to be high-rollers we sprung for the Papa John's variety. If "broke college kid" was the name of the game, it was Dominos. And at the end of the semester, all varieties of pizza were fair game, owing to the traditional $5 exam week special. Also, the dorm definition of "plate" is actually "paper towel".

What, you expected a college kid to do dishes?

Here in Chicagoland, pizza is quite the different experience, as I'm sure you know. So a visit to the city really is not complete without partaking in said experience. In order to fulfill this requirement, a few fellow students and I went for dinner at Giordano's on Tuesday and enjoyed the most fantastic deep dish pizza.

Did you click the link? Good.

Now please wipe the drool off of your keyboard before continuing.

Thank you.

Our reasons for visiting Giordano's were twofold. First, it was a classmate's wedding anniversary that day, and since her husband is at home, we decided to take her out to celebrate. Second, we had a big paper due on Wednesday, so we figured it was good brain food.

The anniversary celebration was a success. As for the papers, I guess we'll have to wait and see!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is tough to compete with Chicago style pizza. The best I can do today is that I ate McDonald's twice but once in Cincinnati and once in Columbus. The first certainly did not qualify as a cheeseburger in paradise and the second was actually in Dublin but still no great gourmet event. I did however share the second with a most enchanting and beautiful woman.

KB