Sunday, June 14, 2009

what a view

One of my favorite features of the concrete box in which I live is the rooftop deck. It. Is. Amazing. All I have to do is go up a few floors, walk outside, and instantly I have a gorgeous view of the Chicago skyline. 

I'd post a picture, but my camera died.
About 2 years ago.

But I digress...

There is something about coming here that makes the whole "I have to go to school in the summer" idea much more palatable. It's more than just classes. It's a destination. 

For 6 weeks, I get to return to the life of a college kid - working on homework till all hours, wasting time on the internet (oh, wait, I still do that), eating copious quantities of so-so cafeteria food.... And I get to do that in my favorite city on the face of the earth. Chicago.

Who cares that I'll be working my tail off for the next  6 weeks? From my room I can hear the "ding dong" of the doors closing on the L. This is the big city, kids. And I love it. 

No comments: