Monday, June 15, 2009

money, money, money

Whoever said that the best things in life are free most definitely was not a textbook salesman. I just hit up the bookstore, and all I can say is "ouch". My parents will attest to the horrible look of sticker shock on my face the first time I paid for my undergrad books, and although the feeling today was somewhat familiar and not unexpected, it was no less disheartening. 

Adding insult to injury, two of the required texts are things I own. Which are back in Grand Rapids. Locked in my classroom. In a vague location on a bookcase somewhere. I think.

(In other words, it wouldn't exactly be a straightforward procedure to have them mailed.)

On the flip side, the books I own are both older editions, so I guess now I have the spiffy new ones. However, I'm pretty sure they only make these things "new" in order to increase profits by requiring all of us broke students to shell out for the "new" version.

Just sayin'. 

Alright, back to work... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you want me to go get the books out of your office and ship them to you?

Maureen

Paul said...

lemme guess... tonal harmony is one of 'em.