Sunday, June 14, 2009

welcome!

Welcome to the VanderBlog! I am embarking on a 6-week journey, one step on the way to a master's degree. I thought it might be fun to write about my experiences, and I've decided to do so in a venue different from my normal (meandering and somewhat sporadically updated) blog. 

Ergo the VanderBlog!

Why VanderBlog? Because I am studying at the VanderCook College of Music in Chicago, IL. 

Also because I'm Dutch. So, you know, in that case, "Vander" pretty much goes with anything. 

My hope is that you, the reader, will be entertained, and that I will somehow gain greater wisdom about my experiences through writing. 

Either that, or I'm just looking for a good excuse to spend a little more quality time with my (amazing new) lappy. (That's "laptop", for those of you who don't refer to your technology by affectionate nicknames.)

(Yes, I know I'm weird.)

Anyway, watch this space for future - hopefully humorous, perhaps thought-provoking - musings. More to come, but for now it's time to get organized for my first day of classes!
 

No comments: