Saturday, June 20, 2009

here comes the sun

After surviving the pounding of three consecutive rounds of thunderstorms , today I awoke at the delightfully not-early hour of 9:10 am to find sunlight streaming through the chinks in the blinds. And, to put the icing on the cake, the google forecast widget on my home page shows cute little sunny icons for the next few days. This is awesome. 

On the flip side, beautiful weather does not lend itself to productivity in studying and practicing. However, I'm pretty sure I can manage to get some work done up on the rooftop deck. (Ah... the wonders of a laptop with a functioning battery.... )

So, what's on the homework docket, you ask? 
  • a bibliography on a potential topic for a paper
  • reading, reading, reading
  • a reflective paper on a book (not due yet but want to get a start)
  • score study
  • lesson plan brainstorming
  • violin practice
  • music selection for a project

I think that hits the highlights. From my perspective, the beauty of this homework pile is that it's all music-related. A bad day studying music is infinitely better than the best day of studying anything else. Well, unless you don't like music. So insert your own preferred subjects as desired. 

But before I can get to the aforementioned list, I'm gonna have to get out of my pjs. Drat. 

I must say that I am starting to remember why I like the student life!

No comments: