Wednesday, June 24, 2009

i'll stop procrastinating tomorrow...

I think I just need to embrace the fact that I am a deadline sort of a girl. It makes sense, really, especially when I think about the ridiculous schedule I keep during the school year. If I can manage to have the HSO music learned in time for each concert cycle, the church music learned in time for the service, and the school things completed on time, all while both eating and sleeping, then I figure I'm doing pretty well. The level of insanity is essentially constant; the difference is that from week to week the primary cause of the insanity changes. The times I pull my hair out are when everything piles up - a big week at school, church, and HSO simultaneously, for example. Then I go into headless chicken mode. It's not pretty. 

So all this is to say that, whether by nature or by virtue of my lifestyle, I seem to be trained to operate on deadlines, which is a bummer when I have several projects on which I am working (aka RIGHT NOW), none of which are due in the immediate future. 

The first major round of due dates arrives next week. Time to stop putzing and kick it into high gear!!

No comments: