Thursday, July 29, 2010

2.5

The excitement is palpable. We are getting close.

I think it's safe to say that we all love being here. There is nothing quite like spending 6 weeks of the summer with a community of music geeks, and we have a fantastic time together.

But soon this chapter will be over.

Part of me will be sad to see it go. As much work as it is to be here (hey, they don't give the degrees away for free), in many ways it is a vacation from normal life. All the day-to-day aspects of life in GR are simply out-of-sight, out-of-mind, and for a short period of time my life is confined to a small little bubble in a huge city. In some ways it's a much simpler existence. And despite the craziness of academia - or perhaps because of it - we all really do have a good time here. It's sad to think that I won't get to hang out with my VanderFriends next year.

But it's time.

Tonight I ironed my and Aaron's graduation gowns and hoods. We are ready to rock and roll.

Well, except for the handful of remaining exams, playing tests, and papers.

Absolutely crazy.

That said, I should hit the hay. Sleep is my friend...

No comments: