After three weeks of feeling more or less on top of things (emphasis on "more or less"), as we sit here on the precipice of week 4, the upcoming deadlines are looming and causing no small amount of fear and trepidation.
Actually, fear and an increased need for caffeine would probably be the more accurate descriptors.
I am maybe 1/4-1/3 of the way through revising the CURRICULUM PROJECT OF DOOM with the edits recommended by the college proofreader. Thankfully they were nothing content-related, but there were lots of technical changes (like switching a huge section of the paper from present to past tense) and a few organizational changes that just take time to complete. My brain has had about enough of it for awhile, which is why I am writing in here.
It's been a great weekend. On Friday night Aaron and I denied the very existence of our homework for a few blissful hours and attended a performance of the Grant Park Symphony at Millennium Park. And today we had the pleasure of participating in worship at Bud and Patty's church and then going out to brunch with Bud, Patty, and Kristen after the service.
But now here we are on Sunday night, looking over the edge at what promises to be a whirlwind three weeks. Concert. Portfolios/Comps. Final papers. Poster night. And all the regular homework for classes. Oh, and practicing.
Sleep is for wimps, right?!?
I love being here, but I am very much looking forward to being done!
No comments:
Post a Comment