And it hurt!
However, upon determining that nothing was bleeding or broken, I picked myself back up and went on with my day, seemingly no worse for the wear. Until about 10:00 last night, that is, when I began feeling rather sore, a trend that has continued today.
Seriously, people. When did we all get so old? Remember when we were kids and could fall on down, get back up, and never feel a thing? (Well, except for screaming bloody murder over a skinned knee, of course. Or maybe that was just me.) Now, one little tumble and suddenly I feel like an octogenarian. (Or at least how I imagine one might feel, not actually being one myself. Yet.) I'm not old enough to be in pain from one little fall, am I? Sometimes I think the same thing about other aspects of life, like having babies and buying houses and driving minivans and all that jazz. When did my friends and I get old enough for this? My 5-year college reunion is taking place in a few short weeks. Where in the heck have the last 5 years gone? I feel like I should've accomplished something more dramatic by now, like curing the common cold, solving the oil crisis, or becoming a ninja or something.
They say you're only as old as you feel. Well, on the inside I feel young, but right now on the outside I feel decidedly more geriatric. Do you think my landlord would mind if I installed a padded floor in the kitchen??
1 comment:
LOL! No kidding!
Post a Comment