Thursday, November 19, 2009

time warp

Today was one of those days that never happened. You know the kind - where you arrive at work in the dark and leave again in the dark and drive home wondering what sort of bizarre time warp you just experienced. That was today. A good day, but a long one. And not quite over yet... The Office is on in 5 minutes, so that will be my down-time for today, and then I really should practice a little violin before heading to bed.

I had a blast teaching lessons today. That doesn't always happen. Usually I'm already quite beat by the end of the school day, and although I generally get a second round of energy for the evening activities, it is often tough to stay fired up through the late afternoon. Maybe it was the fact that I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night, for the first time in a long time. Maybe it was the Cherry Coke I bought from the concession stand after school. Or maybe it was just a good day. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

Kids are so funny, you know? I am never starved for entertainment. And even though they drive me batty from time to time, more often than not I am laughing right along with them. The fact of the matter is that life is funny, and it's far too short to take it all seriously. It is my opinion that the class that laughs together learns together. And so I hope we are accomplishing both of those goals.

And with that amalgamation of thoughts, I bid you adieu for now...

No comments: