Sunday, November 01, 2009

it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown!

Well, about that power pumpkin carver...

I went with an experimental pumpkin design this year. I found a pattern online consisting of two overlapping leaves - one that is to be cut out in the normal fashion and an overlapping one that is only carved out of the top layer of the pumpkin. In theory it sounded pretty cool. In practice? I think it turned out pretty well, and I only sliced my finger one time in the process. So I'd call that a success.

The battery-powered carver is rather nifty, though. Definitely sped up the process of cutting out the first leaf, although it did take a little bit to get the hang of. Well worth the $7.

I'd show you a photo of the pumpkin but, well, I forgot to take one yesterday when it was lit, and I'm too lazy to go out to the porch and re-light it now. So you'll just have to use your imagination!

No comments: