I had a conversation with a co-worker the other day about the budgetary turmoil in education. Nothing seems safe anymore, and we know that deep cuts will be coming. They have to come. School districts have no choice. We got to talking about our own job security, each of us pondering how various scenarios might play out and what impact they might have on our lives. And as we had that conversation I was filled with an incredible sense of peace and of adventure. It's very much like the way I felt a couple of years ago, when I was pink-slipped. On the one hand, life seemed totally and completely out of control. On the other hand, clearly I could not change the pink-slip situation myself, and so I could only rest in God's hands, knowing that it would turn out however it was supposed to turn out, regardless of my personal opinion on the matter.
During this week's conversation, it was that sense which was renewed in me. I have no idea what exactly the future holds for me. I have truly been blessed beyond measure in the years I've spent in GR, and although I cannot imagine wishing for any of that to end, who am I to say that there isn't something even better up ahead? Truly life is a grand adventure!
Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
Feed me till I want no more,
Feed me till I want no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment