It's official.
The days of relying on my memory of my schedule are over. I can no longer operate without a hard copy of my calendar.
Why?
Because I have managed to double-double book myself for this weekend.
No, I'm not joking.
Exhibit A: Yesterday at choir, ArtPrize came up, and when I mentioned that I was hoping to have a chance to check it out, a friend mentioned that I could join a group going on Saturday. Thinking my calendar was clear for the day, I said that sounded great!
Exhibit B: Before choir I had a short rehearsal for an anthem I'm accompanying on Sunday (violin). We agreed to meet at 10:15 on Sunday morning to run through it again. Since choir sings at the early service, the time between services was - in my mind, anyway - free and clear.
Ha.
Schedule FAIL!
Fail A: I woke up this morning already thinking about the weekend and getting really excited to check out ArtPrize. But as I was getting ready, I remembered that my parents are coming into town tomorrow and staying at my house. And that reminded me of the reason for their visit. On Saturday we're helping my aunt move into her new condo, which I am also very excited about!! Sadly, that excitement apparently did not translate into memory. So, um, ix-nay on the ArtPrize-ay, at least for this weekend. Well, unless the move goes quickly. We'll see.
Fail B: I got an email from The Boss today, which got me thinking about Sunday morning's schedule. And it suddenly occurred to me that on Sunday at 10 I am scheduled to be with my small group for our monthly meeting. Not only that, but I had actually been planning to facilitate said meeting since we will be discussing some things for the long-range planning committee, of which I am a member. But I can't very well do that AND be in the sanctuary playing my violin at 10:15. Unless someone invents instantaneous cloning. Like, now. (Maybe it could work sort of like a Polaroid? Just a helpful suggestion for you scientist-types.)
Oy.
Now, let it be understood that this is not a complaint! I have said before and will say again that I have been blessed with a life beyond my wildest dreams. And so I'll gladly take with it its challenges of schedule. However, the fact remains that I am no longer allowed to schedule things without actually stopping to look at my calendar first.
Either that, or I'm going to start using the "blonde moment" excuse a lot more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment