Well, OK, I should redefine "quick," because as you know there is no such thing as a "quick" Meijer stop. Honestly, even when I walk into that store with a 5-item list, it takes me at least a half-hour and I inevitably walk out with at least 10 items. I think I have a problem.
Anyway, one item on my short-but-rapidly-growing list was VHS tapes.
I know. VHS tapes.
I'm so 1990s.
But the thing is, I'm too cheap to pay for full-scale cable. I have the basic-basic version so that I can get internet, and that's it. So DVR or TiVo? Not so much. My inherited (aka free) TV and trusty-rusty DVD/VCR combo purchased midway through college are holding up just fine, thankyouverymuch. Between that and hulu.com, I'm good to go.
So long as I have tapes in the house, that is. Which I didn't have as of yesterday morning. And I needed some in order to tape the sweet PBS special coming on that night.
OK, so it actually started on Sunday night. But I did manage to find one tape for that episode. However, that was apparently the last of them.
Anyway!
The last time I bought a pack of VHS, they were conveniently located in the video section of Meijer, back by the movies, computer accessories, and A/V-type stuff.
Key word being "were."
After much fruitless searching, I actually had to ask one of those friendly red-shirted employees where in the heck they were keeping the old-school videotapes these days.
Don't worry. I phrased it much more politely than that. But I may have used the term "y'all," which is a little disturbing for a girl from the east side of MI. Last I checked, we aren't so country over there.
But I digress.
It turns out that the VHS tapes are now stored in the photo section of the store.
I'll be darned.
At least I don't have to go to the antiques store to get them.
Well, not yet anyway.
Perhaps next time I should stock up.
No comments:
Post a Comment