Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the meaning of life

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

You're going along, enjoying a typical day, when all of a sudden it hits you like a ton of bricks:

This day is not about me.

I know this - you know this - but do we always live it?

I don't.

I fail miserably.

In tonight's long-range planning committee meeting the topic of worship came up - not simply the worship in which we engage for an hour on Sunday mornings, but the worship that is all of life.

Wow.

All of life is worship.

Suddenly everything looks different.

It is my calling to bring glory to God, and that means trusting Him to use my life as He sees fit, no matter what form that takes. Everything - the good, the bad, and things in between - is somehow a part of His grand design. It's all for His glory, and it's not about me at all.

I know it - you know it... But I for one sometimes forget it.

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering....

No comments: