They were kleenex and caramels, for the record.
No, not related. If I wanted to increase the fiber content of the caramel bars, I don't think kleenex would be my method of choice.
I usually use paper towel. It holds up better.
Anyway, when it was my turn to check out, the guy working the register asked, "Is that all for you today?" I smiled and replied that yes, it was.
However, as I walked out the door it dawned on me what a strange question that is. I mean, what was I going say? "Actually, no - there were 42 other things I was supposed to get, so would you hold my spot in line for a minute while I go and fetch them?" Or maybe he expected me to suddenly pull a dozen yogurts and a watermelon out of my sleeve, as if I were the grocery store version of Penn and Teller. And, really, is he implying that my two items are inadequate? I demand the same service as the lady in the next aisle over with the cart piled big-family high. That's grocery discrimination, people.
I know. Aren't you glad you have me here to explore life's deep issues?
You're welcome.
1 comment:
You redefine astute.
Post a Comment