Perhaps "a lot" would be a more accurate description.
But, you see, in the front row someone was messing with her mechanical pencil, trying to get some lead out, and holding it with the tip in the air in order to better see if any lead were exposed. Which doesn't work out so well when the lead dispensing mechanism relies on gravity. It provided some quality entertainment for the rows behind! And when she realized her mistake, she was laughing, too!
And then my neighbor forgot about the glasses on her head and ended up sporting two pairs - one in her hair and one on her nose. Actually, I take that back. The person behind her gave up her glasses to complete the look with a total of three pairs.
And then we all just got the giggles.
And then The Boss caught sight of something - maybe us, maybe something else - and before long he was cracking up behind the piano.
Oh, choir.... I just love all of these wonderful people!
By the way - we sang some good music, too. Because, you know, it is a choir after all.
This is one of the things we rehearsed. It's pretty amazing.
And the moral of the story? We've once again proved my hypothesis that choir is awesome.
The End.
4 comments:
OK. This isn't even nice. I don't need to hear about the cool anthems you are doing now that I'm gone. Please tell me this is balanced by at least three musty, mustard yellow Anglican things with words like begrieve and bequeath and stuff...
Observations:
1. The U of Utah singers are good!
2. One's freedom of bodily movement should be judged on a relative scale. Given that this conductor is white as the driven snow, and probably a Mormom, and not likely to have a past as a club kid (just a guess since he chose choral music as a career) the man moves pretty well!
3. The lesser known sister Reba Witherspoon is a soprano in the University of Utah Singers. In her spare time she is working on a script entitled "Legally Strawberry Blonde."
-eb
OK, first of all, lol - and I mean that literally!
Second, I hate to tell you this, but I am looking at my choir folder right now and there is not a single piece of yellowed parchment in there. Of course, that's skewed by the fact that I have a couple of things in photocopy rather than the original... But this is a new week - perhaps some moldy oldies will appear tomorrow!
You might want to stop reading here.
I told you to stop.
We also have a brand new Visser composition - a big concertato for the hymn fest.
Sorry.
Stop sticking your tongue out at me, please.
I heard about that one - what's it on? I messed up assuming that the Fest would be on 11/1 and I can't come up to even participate in the service. I'm SO bummed... Are you doing the Moses Hogan that night, too?
-eb
It's on "Christ Shall Have Dominion." And yes, I believe the Moses Hogan is for the fest as well. (Although I'm not 100% positive.) Such a bummer that you can't be there!!
Post a Comment