Sunday, October 31, 2010

down from the mountaintop

Singing in the hymn fest (official title: Reformation Day Hymn Festival) is one of those experiences that brings me about as close to heaven as it is possible to get on this side of eternity. There's something about it - the grandeur of the music, the power of the text, the ability of a song to invade my soul - that makes every part of me fill with joy. I can't really explain it.

And as if that weren't enough, this morning I also had the pleasure and privilege of making music with Aaron when we played together for the morning services. In between, we had a great lunch with our families. All in all an amazing day.

Which is why I now find myself struggling to come back to the level ground of reality after spending a day on the mountaintop.

Even so, I wouldn't trade the mountaintop for anything. 

No comments: