I am wondering what strange creature has been inhabiting my body as of late. You see, typically when I get home on a Friday afternoon, I am ready to crash. Productivity? Not so much. Even Saturdays are hard. I usually feel so burned out from the week that it takes Friday night and part of Saturday to recover, and then Sunday becomes more of my "work" day. Backwards, I know. However, the last few weekends have been very much the opposite.
Take today, for example. I left school just after 4. I went to church and practiced until about 5:30. I came home, washed out my travel mug, changed clothes, and went for a walk. When I got back, I started the laundry, ate dinner (which, granted, took longer than necessary, owing to my penchant for random internet browsing), and cleaned the house. Since then, I've been updating the HSO page on facebook, checking off all the festival permission slips that were turned in, and sorting through and recording the rather enormous pile of Chicago trip forms and payments. The only thing off of my Friday night list that I didn't manage to do is re-watch the movie that we're planning to show in the drama class I co-teach. I intended to do that while handling the paperwork, but I ended up being on the phone instead. But it's all good. Now I have an excuse to watch a movie in the middle of my 3-service Sunday.
Anyway, this sort of Friday night is pretty out-of-the-ordinary for me. Yikes. And now I'm off to grab the last load of laundry out of the dryer and to set out my grocery list so that I can hit Meijer first thing in the morning.
Meijer? Early on a Saturday? Seriously, people. Whose life is this?!
No comments:
Post a Comment