For the 9th consecutive year, my bestest friend Nancy and I are dating the the same men tonight - Ben and Jerry. This is a tradition we started in college, back in the days of going to the Kletz and splitting a pint. (Of ice cream. What did you think I meant?) Now that we live a thousand miles apart, we each get our own, but the tradition lives on.
The sermon in church this morning was about singleness. At first I thought that was a little cold. A sermon about singleness on Valentine's Day? Really? But I appreciated what was said and agree strongly with the overall theme of his message - that singleness, whether for a season or for a lifetime, is a gift from God, just as much as marriage is, and should not be viewed as an incomplete state of living."God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others" - 1 Cor. 7:7, The Message
So today I, too, am celebrating love. God has blessed me with amazing family and friends, all of whom I love very, very much. And that is more than enough cause for a very happy Valentine's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment