Monday, January 18, 2010

i'm pretty sure "ugh" is the original word for "overcast"

It's days like today that make me strongly dislike Michigan. The sky is a sheet of grey, an oppressive layer of clouds seeming to sink ever-closer to the earth. There is not even enough light to cast shadows on the ground. The world is swallowed up by an overpowering sense of... ugh. Just ugh. That's really the best word I can come up with right now.

It makes me want to curl up with a blanket, a book, and a cup of hot chocolate until the sun comes out again. Sadly, a lack of sunshine does not exempt me from taking care of what needs to get done today.

But it is a good excuse to have some mac & cheese for dinner. If I can't have sunshine, I can at least have some yellow #5. It's almost the same thing...

No comments: