Thankfully, the beautiful flipside of the August stress-fest is the glorious possibility of a brand-new year. It is the perfect time to begin again, to make new-school-year resolutions, to change something in my life.
Our state and national economies and educational systems are under significant stress. Life in general seems to lack any sense of certainty. This situation leaves me with two choices: to teach out of fear, with survival my only aim; or to teach without fear, looking past the temporary challenges, holding on to a more joyful, hopeful vision of the future, and having fun in my classroom every day.
I know it won't be easy, but I want this to be the year of living fearlessly.
But forget all that—
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
- Isaiah 43:18-19
1 comment:
What a great attitude, Sara. You are a huge encouragement to me in your writing. Thank you.
Post a Comment