Saturday, January 08, 2011

in which i ramble about recent goings-on

So it's been awhile since I blogged. (I know. Understatement of the century.) But it's not as if anything particularly interesting has happened in the intervening days (ok, more like months).

Wait. Scratch that.

Quite the contrary, actually. Since I last wrote, it seems my whole life has changed, and certainly for the better.

On Saturday, December 18, Aaron and I got married! Holy smokes! I have never, ever been one to sit around and wait for my Prince Charming. I am completely irritated by the mindset that one's life is meaningless until one finds one's spouse. That's total baloney, in my opinion. And so I spent my first 6 years out of college living a full life, sans man, thank-you-very-much, and having a fantastic time doing it.

However, I must also say that being married is totally and completely awesome. Granted, I'm sure that's an expected sentiment at only 3 weeks in, but it's true. Marriage rocks.

And as for the wedding itself? It was fantastic. We could not have asked for it to go any better. The weather cooperated for travel, the timing of the day worked out well, everyone seemed to have a good time, and Aaron and I had the time of our lives. It was so much fun to have so many of our family and friends all together to celebrate. (Want to see photos? Go here, and enter Good wedding, 12132.)

The house? Well, it's still sort of a mess. But it's coming together a little more every day. Just don't go down the basement. Trust me.

Our new kitchen table and chairs arrived on Thursday, and they look awesome. We're a little afraid to eat on the table for fear of messing it up! (By the way, we totally recommend ubu for furniture.)

Last night we had a hot date to Lowe's and then ate humongous burgers at Red Robin, courtesy of a gift card. (I think our plan for 2011 is to see how long we can go out to eat using only gift cards. I'll keep you posted.) We didn't buy much at Lowe's, but we did pick up a few things, and we investigated bathroom stuff - new fixtures, towel rods, etc.

And now it's 8:00 on Saturday morning, and I am ridiculously wide awake. I've actually been awake since before 6, but I finally gave up and got out of bed maybe 45 minutes or so ago. I'm feeling very accomplished because I just set up my printer and scanner to function over wifi, something that I attempted to do a year and a half ago when I got my Mac but never quite managed. A few downloads later, I was able to install the proper software for the new Mac OS and get things rolling. Now I'll just have to repeat the process on Aaron's computer. Wish me luck.

Up next? I think I'm going to work on picking out music for my next organ service at LaGrave. Unfortunately, all of my organ music is still in boxes, but c'est la vie!

I really can't complain. Life is good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara! What a beautiful wedding! Congratulations, and I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the married life! I hope you are planning to continue to update this blog, as I miss you, and I enjoy keeping up with what is going on in your life.

Hope everything continues to be well!

Best,

Alex

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy hot dates to Lowes or even Home Depot! Happy to hear you are enjoying married life thus far!
Shana

Anonymous said...

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and also meaningful. Good luck with the gift cards! Love you!

Terri