Thursday, November 18, 2010

the big 3-0

"Did you realize that today is the 18th?"

Aaron pointed this out to me via text message earlier today.

Although we've been counting down to the wedding for some time, and despite the number of 6th grade hall passes I wrote this morning, the fact that our wedding is now one month away had simply not entered my consciousness.

But there it is: This is my last month of singleness. If you had told me a year ago that this is what would be happening, I would've fallen out of my chair laughing. However, the truth is that I couldn't be happier about this turn of events.

I am sitting at the kitchen table at Aaron's house. He is behind me in the living room, teaching a trumpet lesson. Comet, relegated to the basement during lessons, gives the occasional bark of protest. I've got playing tests to grade at some point and a booster meeting to attend in about an hour. There's always work to do. But, even though I don't live here yet, this is home. And it's always good to be home. And, better still, it's only 30 days until I can actually, fully call it so.

No comments: