Sunday, June 13, 2010

it's intents

This past weekend was spent in Ludington for the annual ACTIVE small group camping outing. Although the weather was cool, we escaped the rain and were able to get out and enjoy much of the park.

I should perhaps qualify that use of the word "we", however, to reflect the fact that on Saturday afternoon, as the group went various ways to partake in various activities, I proceeded to take a rather epic nap in my tent.

Apparently my sleeping bag and I were good buddies this weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday morning there were tales of late-night sounds and weather that I had slept right through. I'll definitely take it - the end of the school year always brings with it an immense need to sleep. I slept for 9+ hours each of the last two nights, took that epic (nearly 3-hour) nap on Saturday, and slept for another hour and a half this afternoon. And, sadly enough, my bed is sounding pretty good to me right now, and it's only 9:30.

However, this week is not for sleeping! Instead, this week I will be finishing my paper, packing, doing the HSO thing, and taking care of a bunch of errands before I'm off to VanderCook. Gah.

I checked a few things off the list earlier tonight. All the camping stuff has been unpacked, and when the neighbors get their stuff out of the washer and dryer, the laundry will commence! The tent and sleeping bag have been aired out and re-rolled, and now they will sit idly until the next camping adventure, which will hopefully be in August. I've got mental stars on the things to get done tomorrow morning. I'll feel better once the list starts to get a little shorter. And for now? It's back to the paper, of course!!!

No comments: