Monday, September 01, 2014

Has it really been 14 years? (aka I heart Bookface)

I like to write, but time is always in short supply. So here's today's speed-blog:

My high school graduation was 14 years ago. Yikes. I can certainly believe it's been that long, but on the other hand, 14 years has gone unbelievably fast. What is most amazing to me, however, is that 14 years later, primarily through the phenomenon that is Facebook, my most treasured high school teachers are still having an impact on my life.

Wow.

If that's not a perfect example of the influence we have as teachers, I don't know what is.

And, again through the wonder of Facebook, I received so many notes of encouragement and support, many from people that I otherwise would probably no longer be in touch with. (Sorry, Mrs. Rundell. I ended that with a preposition, and I'm not going to go back and fix it.)

So, to my high school teachers, and the rest of the Facebook world, thank you.

No comments: