Married life is awesome. However, one of the many traits of my former single self that has slipped through the cracks is that of my life as a blogger. Thankfully, as Aaron and I near our first anniversary, I can feel the blogging bug coming back.
Before Aaron, the blog was my outlet, my place to tell stories, to share the day's events, to give my random observations on the world. I liked to write and re-write and carefully craft my entries so that they sounded just the way I wanted.
With Aaron in my life, I have found that I tend to spill my stories to him almost immediately after they happen. (Just ask him about the days when I've sent a billion text messages to him, knowing that he would never even see them until he got home anyway.) It's also been more challenging to find the quiet space and time in which to put my thoughts to paper. (Er... Screen. Keyboard. Whatever.)
But I can feel my brain starting to rev up again, ready to regale the world with tales both exciting and mundane. The busy holiday season seems a funny time to get back to blogging; after all, the typical musician-to-musician greeting in this time of year tends to involve a count of how many musical events down and how many to go. However, crazier things have happened.
Speaking of which... After a lovely Sunday afternoon of loafing (and a small amount of school work), it is almost time for me to head out to Aaron's Jubal Brass concert. Seeing as my sweats and slippers are probably not acceptable concert-going attire, I'd best go and change my clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment