Wednesday, April 14, 2010

beyond measure

Today by the numbers....

4/14/10
28 years since my birth
50 facebook birthday wishes
7 birthday emails
4 birthday texts
9 birthday cards
10 billion (approximately) birthday wishes on my classroom white board
20 billion (approximately) verbal birthday wishes from students and staff
1 birthday latte
7 class periods of school
1 surprise party thrown by my 3rd hour class
2 cakes devoured by said class
1 custom-mixed Brian Regan CD from the 8th grade party planners (Have I mentioned how awesome these kids are??)
1 amazing long-distance birthday greeting from Abby's class in SoDak
1 birthday serenade by my 6th hour class (outside, during a fire drill!)
1 ECHO rehearsal
2 lessons
1 dinner and ice cream date with my fantastic boyfriend
1 super-sneaky-surprise gift and cake delivery from Jess
1 HSO rehearsal (complete with birthday treats and many wonderful birthday greetings)
plus birthday gifts from family and friends

I am stunned. Truly stunned. I have been shown so much love and care today. Just amazing. This is a birthday I will remember for a long time. God is good! I don't deserve any of this good stuff, and yet He so freely gives...

Thank you, everyone. Really, truly... Thank you. I love you all!

No comments: