Wow. How in the heck is it Christmas break already? The school year is nearly half-over. Festival is just around the corner. The Christmas carol sing service is days away.
Wow. Just wow.
What a whirlwind this fall has been.
I guess that's true of every fall.
But I think it gets worse each year. I blame it on math. No, really. As we get older, each year is an increasingly small fraction of our total lives, and so - relatively speaking - each year passes by more quickly than the one before. Or at least that's the theory I'm going with.
This is going to be an unusual break in many ways. With increasing age and distance, Christmas takes on a whole new look. Long gone are the simpler times of Christmas Eve at RRC, cheesy toast at the Kastens', and eating and opening presents late into the night. Now we have our own lives, all in different places, and so Christmas traditions change out of necessity. Life goes on.
Change isn't a bad thing. Change... just is.
But family is still family.
No comments:
Post a Comment