Saturday, October 13, 2012

home is where my people are

Home is a funny thing. Is it the house where I grew up? The town where we lived in my childhood? The town where I attended college? The place I currently reside? The place where my parents now live?

I don't know, really.

In a sense, home is all of these things.

Today, though, home was in the people, standing in the lobby of Nykerk after an awesome senior recital, talking with people I have known for almost my entire life. Life has carried each of our families in different geographic directions, but for an hour tonight it was as if no time had passed at all. We were back home again.

I wish I had the time and the energy to write a more eloquent, elaborate, profound post about it all. It is a feeling difficult to capture in words. Suffice it to say that tonight it was good to be home.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Amen!

Colleen said...

Well said!! I totally agree!!