Thursday, January 12, 2012

chicago christmas-versary


One of the benefits of having parents who live out of town is that going to see family is really, truly a vacation. Aaron and I fully took advantage of this by going to hang with my parents and Jess for a few days over Christmas break. We became one with the couch, watched too much TV, ate lots of food, opened presents, and just generally relaxed. It was awesome.

This delicious pizza pretty much sums up my Christmas vacation.

We did manage to get out and about a little bit...

Wonderland Express @ Chicago Botanic Garden

Goofing around at the Lake County Discovery Museum

We even managed to get in a trip to IKEA. Behold:

Organization galore!
After a thoroughly enjoyable time with the fam, Aaron and I headed downtown for a night to celebrate our anniversary. We got a great deal on a hotel via the Hotel Tonight app. In true Dutch fashion, we kicked off our evening by getting some great deals on clearance clothes on the Magnificent Mile. After that, we channeled our inner Italians by enjoying some AMAZING (as in the best we've had since Imola) pizza at La Madia. When the place has mozzarella di buffala on the menu, you know it's going to be good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Delicious.

Our tummies full of pizza, we headed back to our hotel, and the next morning we returned home to Michigan to celebrate Christmas with the Good family. (I know, I know.... What does that make my family? The "not-so-Good" family? Hardy-har-har.)

And with that, I am going to attempt to stop myself from drooling over thoughts of that delicious pizza and make my way to bed, whilst the roaring tempest (um, NOT) of this WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY (insert news station logo and cheesy theme music) goes on outside. Good night, all!

No comments: